Total Immersion Swimming Camps & Workshops
- Freestyle Workshop: Lincoln, NH
- 06.02.2012 - 06.03.2012
- Mountain Club on Loon - Lincoln
- Freestyle Workshop
Easy Freestyle Weekend Workshop
June 2-3, 2012
Location: Mountain Club on Loon, 90 Loon Mtn Rd, Lincoln, NH 03251
Payment type: Credit Card through pay pal or personal check
Contact: For more information please contact Celeste admin@TriathlonSkills.com
Description: This two-day course takes you through all the Total Immersion drills and numerous strategies for full stroke mechanics resulting in a freestyle that is faster, easier, and more efficient for the long haul. Numerous video sessions will be uploaded for free to snapfish or Sproutvideo for your viewing after the clinic, including instructor comments to remind you of your strengths and opportunities for improvement.
We'll teach you the four key skills of a Fishlike Freestyle;
1. Cooperate with Gravity - Most swimmers fight gravity trying to stay on top of the water. We teach you to find your natural equilibrium by sinking into weightlessness. Learning to relax into the water breaks the "survival- stroking" cycle, and frees your arms and legs for their best use. Besides, gravity is a powerful natural force; doesn't it make more sense to use it than fight it?
2. Take the Path of Least Resistance - Once you understand that you must swim through the water -- and mindful that water is almost 800 times denser than air -- it’s logical to focus more on how well you streamline than how you pull and kick. We'll teach you to shape yourself to cut through the water like a torpedo by alternating a right-side-streamline with a left-side-streamline. Each stroke will move you farther and faster with less effort.
3. Swim with your body - Traditional thinking about swimming treats the body as having an “arms department” that pulls you forward and a “legs department” that pushes you forward. In Fishlike Freestyle, you swim with your whole body, instead of your arms and legs. We'll teach you to propel with a simple 2-beat kick, relaxed and rhythmic weight shifts, rather than arm-and-leg churning.
4. Breathe easy - We'll also teach you about breathing easily as you swim. No more breathlessness, no worries about choking. The air is free, take all you need.
SCHEDULE: Our schedule will be as follows (subject to minor revision):
9:00 a.m. Check-in, orientation and foundation instructions, in the group area
10:00 – 11:30 First group instruction in the pool and under water videotaping
11:30 -1:30 Lunch is a classroom workshop with 1st video review, bring a bag lunch
1:30-3:30 Second group instruction in the pool and videotaping
4:00- 5:00 Classroom workshop to review second videotaping
8:00 Locker rooms available
8:15 – 10:00 Third group instruction in the pool and third videotaping session
10:00 – 11:00 Break, bring snacks or lunch
11:00 – 12:30 Fourth Group instruction in the pool and final videotaping session
1:00 – 3:00 Classroom Wrap-up and final video Review
WHAT TO BRING:
For the classroom: Pad and pen for note taking.
For the pool: An extra suit if you want dry ones for the afternoon swim, an extra pair of goggles - just in case, towels are available at the club, water bottle and a lunch.
We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks, which can make balance even more of a challenge.
LODGING: The host site is The Mtn Club on Loon. Please call to book a room, mention you are part of the Total Immersion Swim Workshop to receive a special rate. www.MtnClub.com There are a handful or restaurants and shops in Lincoln/North Woodstock within a short drive.
TRANSFER POLICY: Weekend workshops: If a request to transfer is received 8 days or more prior to the workshop, a $100.00 transfer fee per person will be applied to a future workshop, and the deposit will be credited toward that workshop.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Weekend workshops: NO REFUND will be issued for cancellations LESS THAN 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop unless a doctor’s note can be provided. For cancellations at least 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop, any monies paid above the $250 deposit will be refunded in full. The $250 deposit per person remains non-refundable, but may be transferred to any future workshop within one year of initial registration.
- Mountain Club on Loon - Website
- 90 Loon Mountain Road
EventList powered by schlu.net